Tuesday, May 25, 2010

AS LONG AS WE'RE HOLDING HANDS TOGETHER (PART I)

If you read my previous post, you'll know that my boyf. and I can't celebrate our 2nd anni on that day itself.
So we've already planned for a vacation earlier, that's Bangkok! But sadly, there're having 'bom bom piang' (ha, war la XD) We can't even book the air ticket so our plan ruined.

Before the day I asked my boy,
Me: B, where're we going tomorrow huh?

Him: Uhm, no idea yet. I'll google it tonight.

Me: *swt* Alright. (with smile)

Him: Don't leave this task to me, you have to survey the places too.

Me: Wookaayy...

Night time before we sleep,
(on the phone)

Me: Did you google?

Him: Yeah. Let's go Pangkor Laut.

I remembered once I went to Pulau Pangkor when I was Standard 5 or 6 but not Pangkor Laut.
So, I quickly google where Pangkor Laut is. Beautiful resort, excellent scenery, it attracts me a lot.

Me: OK! ON!

The next day before we leave, the boy asked again,

Him: Are you sure of Pangkor Laut?

Me: Yeah, it seems relaxing and wonderful.

Off we went. My boy was the driver of the day. Drove for 3 hours, we finally reached Kampar Jetty.

Welcome welcome

Here comes the nightmare. *pls don't laugh, lmao*
We realised that we have to reach Pangkor Laut by private ferry and the resort cost RM900-RM1000 per night. Well, although it is a 5 stars resort but it is not worth as we can get 5 stars in other places too with lower price.
So, we have to change out destination to Pulau Pangkor.
That's the time I start to worry.
With no googling bout the hotels, the entertainment and etc.
The boy said nothing to be worried about. Take it as backpacking.
And I was like WOOKAY..... XD

Crowds in the ferry
As you can see here, I'm actually grey'ing'. LOL

After half an hour of worrying in the ferry, we finally reached Pulau Pangkor.
Baby rented a car when he's buying the ferry tickets.
So, I'm kinda excited with this last min plan.
Not till I saw the rented car, it was a PROTON WAJA with lousy doors and the car bonnet cannot be lock. Can you imagine how sucks is that? Oh my. *jaw dropped*
That's the 1st nightmare, now the 2nd.
We're searching for hotel/ resort, we thought that there would be some nice, comfortable resort that similar to Pangkor Laut Resort.
Guess what?
There's none of it. We used GPS to search here and there.
Sadly, =(
We ended up staying here.

Just incase it is not clear, the name called Puteri Bayu

The receptionist said that they're 3 stars hotel so without much thinking and we're darn hungry, we confirmed to check in. We were shocked when we saw the room. If their room is 3 stars then my room would be 8 stars. GG. We wonder how are we going to spend our night there.

Nothing else we can do. We drove the "luxury" car to wander around for food hunting. We round and round, u-turn and turn, none of the restaurant is opened except for mamak stall which we can get in KL. 3rd nightmare. =/
Both of us started complaining about the place, regretting going there. LOL.
Btw, we found an old coffee shop with chinese mamak stall.
We got no choice other than having our brunch+hi-tea there.

Then, we back to the hotel as the boy needs to work thru on9.
Chilled in the lobby for an hour and back to the room for a nap before we go for our dinner.

Camwhore before going out.


Don't kill me, B

Finally, there's restaurant that opened at night.

Camwhore while waiting for the dishes. Opps Fatty face here. LMAO
Showing off his Sony TX-1 XD
5 dishes for 2 person *jaw dropped* believe it or not, we finished them

Went for a walk and back to our room again.
We changed the room for once due to the failure of air-cond and the air-cond stopped working in the next early morning.
Hectic. Baby boy is annoyed by the facilities and we got refunded RM50.
Luckily, we're staying for just one night.
Nightmares ended for the 1st part here.

To be continued . . . . .

2 comments:

Kristy said...

Wow. What's it like in Bangkok?? Or was Pulau Pangkor not in Thailand?

KELLY said...

Kristen, Pulau Pangkor is still in M'sia. =D